How To Apply For Your Work Visa In Colombia?
Work Visa in Colombia . If you have the purpose of working and living in the country, you must take into account that the main requirement to apply for your Colombian work visa is to have a labor contract signed with a legal company domiciled in Colombia (a labor offer).
This type of Migrant Visa is a legal authorization for you to work in Colombia, that is to say, it is a permit to perform remunerated activities in the National Territory with a single company.
According to your profession and the position you will perform in the hiring company, you can apply for your work visa at the Colombian consulate of your country or at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Bogota. The most important and difficult thing is to get an Employment Contract.
Mininum Requierements To Hire Foreing Personnel
- The company must be incorporated in Colombia.
- It must have an average monthly turnover of 100,000,000 Million Pesos per month in the last six months.
- Demonstrate that the activity carried out by the applicant is fundamental and of national interest.
- Certificate of the Chamber of Commerce in force.
- It is the responsibility of the Contracting Company and the Foreigner to verify and ensure that he/she complies with the laws and legal requirements to work in this country.
Work Visa As Beneficiary
If you enter with your family and have been granted an M-Type Work Visa, you are also entitled to apply for Beneficiary Work Visas for the members of your family (Father, Mother, spouse and children), which will allow your family members to stay in a legal manner.
Only the holder who has the employment contract will be able to exercise a professional work.
Work Visa Requirements As Beneficiary.
- In the case of children under 25 years of age, a birth certificate.
- In the case of the Spouse, Marriage Certificate apostilled or legalized according to the country of origin.
- In the case of the visa holder’s parents (grandparents), apostilled or legalized birth certificate of the Work visa holder.
- Remember that for your visa application, your passport must be valid for more than 180 days and have two blank pages.
- The permanence of the foreigner holder of this visa will be the total of its validity, with multiple entries and exits.
- Copy of the page of the passport where the last Colombian visa or entry stamp to Colombia has been stamped, as the case may be.
- All the necessary documents for the granting of this kind of visa, in Colombia or abroad, must be legalized or apostilled.
- Within the following fifteen (15) calendar days, counted from the date the foreigner entered the country or from the date of issuance of the visa.
- If it was issued in national territory; or within fifteen (15) days following the entry into Colombia, if the visa was issued at a Consulate, must be registered in the registry of foreigners of the Special Administrative Unit of Migration Colombia.
- Any inaccuracy in the data contained in the visa application shall be cause for inadmissibility, denial or cancellation of the visa.